|Home > Get Involved|
Summer Outreach and Visibility Interns
SUMMER VISIBILITY AND OUTREACH INTERN
Summary: The Visibility and Outreach Intern is an unpaid internship in which you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Summer Visibility Campaign and related Education and Outreach Projects in coordination with Staff.
The Visibility and Outreach Intern will work 10-15 hours per week through summer, and is eligible to receive College or University Credit. The weekly hours will fluctuate depending on Outreach Calendar and Events, and there is flexibility with both the length of the Internship and the weekly hours. Hours will be strongly weighted on weeknights and weekends as those are peak hours to access and educate voters.
· Manage the Visibility and Outreach Activities which include regular tabling, canvassing and phoning outreach.
· Outreach to community organizations, and research community events to create our Community Outreach Calendar.
· Contact organizations and event committees to schedule NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon presence at community events.
· Recruit, manage, and oversee volunteers for Tabling & Visibility Activities
· Create and implement Visibility & Tabling Trainings.
· Research & design tabling and canvassing materials on local, state and national Choice Issues.
· Coordinate the intake and training of new volunteers via visibility events with Staff.
· Assist with social media outreach and development.
· Provide staff with at least ONE suggestion for social media content per week
· .Assist Staff with fundraising efforts (dialing for dollars)
· Commitment to and/or experience within the Pro-Choice Movement.
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently.
· Access to transportation (bus and bike included), and the ability to travel within the region.
· Access to a vehicle is not required, but preferred.
NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon and the Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to combating institutional discrimination. Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQQIA community are encouraged to apply.
Email Kristin@prochoiceoregon.org to APPLY TODAY!